Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Catching UP







Well, here we are two weeks since the my last post. Hello! Where did that time go? Lots has happened of course. I honestly can say that I am NEVER bored!

David and I flew to Jacksonville FL on Sept. 26 for Michael's (my brother) wedding to Robin. They got married on Friday, Sept. 28. What a wonderful time we had! We finally got to really spend some time with Robin and get to know her. All I can say is WE LOVE YOU!! We are so glad Michael found her. Of course, we all said he better be good to her or we would kill him!

Robin has two boys, Devin and Dean. They are funny, kind and really great guys. It's so nice to have them as a part of our family. We also really enjoyed getting to know Robin's mom, Rita and her husband, John. Of course, my mom, Ellen, kept calling Rita, Ruth and Rita kept calling my mom Helen. They didn't even realize they were calling each other the wrong name. It was very comical.

We stayed at Club Continental in Orange Park. Our room overlooked the St. John's River. Our bed was pretty and the pillow was perfect! You know how hard it is to find the perfect pillow in a hotel???? I was a very happy camper that mine was squisshy just the way I like it. Anyway, we went to St. Augustine and had lunch in a cute little local place called Harry's. Yummy! We ate an awesome breakfast and a local place called Metro Diner. Yummy! Then Michael and Robin went all out on the food at the wedding. Incredible!!

I didn't gain a single pound as I danced and danced and danced at the reception. I think I wore my mom out as she was the only one out there dancing with me most of the time. She and I both had our "groove" on! So much fun. I even made Michael dance with me since he made the mistake of telling me that dancing was a waste of time! WRONG! I'm looking forward to visiting them again so Robin and I can go out dancing and drag the hubbies along. I also didn't gain any weight because I got that nasty, puking and other nasty stuff virus. I was sick all night long on Sat. and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get on the plane Sunday! Needless to say, when we landed in New Bern, I went straight to bed.

All in all it was a fabulous trip and we were so happy that we could go. It was my first trip this year and even though it was only 4 days, it was a bunch of fun!

No comments:

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...