Monday, February 18, 2008

Gratefulness


Last week I received many emails about my "go out and play" post. My sister called and said how much she enjoyed it, but then she said, "do you know what you forgot?" Hmmm. Nope I said. "Well, you forgot to put in the two things you are grateful for." Oh my gosh! I did forget! I think I got so excited about standing on my head and roller skating (by the way, had a blast) that I guess I was grateful for those things and didn't even think about it.


So as usual my mind started thinking of all the things I'm grateful for. Also, I have received many emails, phone calls and comments from people telling me things they are grateful for. One friend said she was grateful that Tom Petty didn't have a wardrobe malfunction during the Super Bowl. (now that's funny) Another friend said she was grateful she wasn't walking her dog down the road when a big, giant, dirt devil (a tornado of dirt, debris, leaves, etc.) came by. She was grateful that she didn't have to pick leaves and debris from her teeth and hair. (now that's funny too). With that in mind, I decided to do a list of a few things I'm grateful for to make up for last week. Instead of typing out "I'm grateful for," I will just type IGF. You get the picture. So let's begin.


IGF David being home safely tonight from the Daytona 500 in FL.

IGF the fact that David and I have been together 19 years and he's ok with the fact that I sleep in pajamas that have Happy Bunny on them saying "you'd be cooler if you were me."

IGF being able to work at a job where I can wear pants, especially blue jeans and comfy shoes. I don't do dresses. Gag, spit, puke. Hated them when I was little, hate them now. And pantyhose? Who's brilliant invention was that?

IGF my fabulous friends that love me even though I'm a crazy bunny lady, super hyper, snort when I laugh hard, and talk too much.

IGF my ability to create things with my hands that others actually buy. Still blows my mind.

IGF my nieces and nephews that keep me young at heart and provide the best form of birth control.

IGF visits with my sister where we drink wine and brush each other's hair and laugh so hard we snort or pee.

IGF the fact that every week it is so easy for me to come up with something to write about and share with you. One friend said she would feel it was like homework. To me, it's something to look forward to.


Sharing my silly thoughts with you, laughing, crying, snorting, peeing, and playing like we're 10 again. Now that's something IGF.


Have a great week and please keep sharing your IGF's with me. It really makes my day.


Hugs,

Shell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi cuteness!

Your blog reminded me this week of how much I miss seeing you! Come visit. I miss how much fun we have when you are here.

Kimmie Hasley :-)

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...