Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gabriella Stitchery

Well hello there. I would like to introduce you to Gabriella.
She's my latest stitchery pattern. She's elegant but sassy at the same time.

My inspiration came from my dress form Gabriella that hangs out in Bunnyville. The bunnies tell me she's loitering with the dust bunnies.
I love the scrolly metal and thought it would be fun to make a stitchery pattern.

I picked this Valdani Floss to stitch with. It's called Lime Sand. I loved the soft muted shades of the pink green and yellow. It would be cool to see a beach with that color sand!

So then I thought it would be fun to stitch her on a vintage doily and then put that on a scalloped quilt and then attach a scrolly wood piece painted white to the top! Yeah!

And then I thought about the pretty cream and yellow paisley fabric I had and how much I like to stitch on linen and I combined them to make this pillow. Fun!

Ok... so maybe I got a little carried away stitching it 3 times (can we say OCD) but it really was so much fun I just couldn't help myself.
The pattern and floss are available on my website if you'd like to stitch your own Gabriella and for those of you who need instant gratification, the wallhanging and the pillow are available too.

bunny hugs,
shell

11 comments:

The French Bear said...

I really like this one Shell! I wish I could do that stitch better, mine just doesn't look the same as yours. What am I doing wrong?
I can see why you got caught up doing it three times!!! It's so lovely!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Mistea said...

Gabriella is just gorgeous, I can see why she needed to make multiple appearances! So beautiful in those two projects. Thanks for sharing.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

How pretty, Shell! I'm going to have to order some of the Valdani floss one of these days. It's beautiful and I love the colorways.
xoxo
Donna

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

It is really beautiful. Luv it on the pillow. Stop by when you can. Hugs, Connie

Anna said...

It looks really great!
so pretty!!!

I becan with cross stitching again, sindce 15 years!

http://artfulldelight.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

SHELL!!! I LOVE it!! You do such beautiful work! This is definitely a favorite of mine, gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Amy

Cathi said...

I love this! It's just so pretty. I'm thinking I'll have to try out that floss as I love the colours!

Mary Wadsworth said...

Shell she is lovely! i love the wall piece with the wood detail so unique.

Hugs,
Mary

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That is a beautiful pattern!

Lola Nova said...

Really lovely! Your stitching is most beautiful.

Barbara Jean said...

love the cream and tan stitchery wall hanging

enjoying my visit here
blessings

barbara jean

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...