Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jingle Bell Bunny and the Winner of the Sitchery Kit!

Hello there. How are ya'll doing? Well.. I can hardly believe it is almost Christmas. Time is just flying by faster than my short little legs can keep up with it! I really want to sit my butt on the couch and look at a new decorating/design book I just got as my Christmas present to myself, but alas, I still have too much to get done first.

I participated in an ornament swap over at Quilt and Stitch Marketplace. I showed you the image I wanted to use in an earlier post. This is what my finished ornament looks like. I made 4 for the swap and I made (I mean I'm making) several for some dear friends. I named my ornament "Jingle Bell Bunny." Why I feel the need to name things is beyond me, but I do. hee,hee,hee. I had a few issues with glitter dysfunction (operator of glitter) but finally I got it to work out like I wanted. Of course it's white... What did you think it would be?? hee,hee,hee.
What do you think of it? I think it's really cute.

The following are the ornaments I have received in the swap. I'm still missing one and I'll post a picture when it gets here.

This pinky rosey ornament came from my good friend Gail Caldwell at The Sassy Beach

This one came from my friend Regina DeMatteo at Doodle Buddies

and this one came from my friend Ava Langner at Sew Into It
Thanks so much girlfriends! I had the best time creating an ornament for you and swapping!

Now... onto the winner of the 12 Day's of Christmas Stitchery Kit. So again I went to http://www.random.org/ and again I entered in the numbers. This time 1 through 25 and I couldn't believe it when it again picked the number 6! Ok... so 6 is my lucky number... could that be why? Who knows? So anyway, I counted down from the top this time since last time I counted up from the bottom. The winner is.... Karin from Australia! How cool is that! My little stitchery kit will make the journey to Australia! Boy do I sure wish I could make the journey to Australia! I've always wanted to go there. There are tons of fabulous stitchery friends there that I would love to hang out with.

Congratulations Karin! I'll send you an email too so you can send me your "addy."

bunny hugs,
shell

18 comments:

gail said...

Hi Shell,,, I love your jingle bunnies! that is so sweet. I love the ornaments that your received. I have gotten two of mine, I am waiting for the others. But I love what I did get. I hope you have a great week and find time to look at your pretty new book!
Bunny hugs, gail

Hef's Mom said...

Wow Australia, can't imagine the shipping costs on that. I just mailed out yours and the buns gifts yesterday! Be on the look out!

Gari in AL said...

You did a great job on your ornamanet and it is "so you."

Rebecka said...

I love your Jingle Bell Bunny ornament. What a fun swap. The ornaments you received are beautiful.

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Shell,

Love your new creation - the blue pillow. It looks so tranquil...
The christmas ornaments are beautiful. I like the white star with the rabbit picture on it. It's your signature ;)

I hope you'll have a wonderful christmas with your family, as I will be travelling soon, so I just want to wish you a merry christmas in advance!

Hugs,
Pei Li

lisa said...

Your ornaments are absolutely beautiful! Congrats to Karin for winning your contest!

Lisa
Pale Pink And Roses

Mary Wadsworth said...

Shell, I love the ornament you have made for the swap!!! I just love it:)

Hugs,
Mary

Barbara said...

Your Jingle bunny is so cute. It would make a nice pattern so we could all make one for next Christmas. I mean a pattern to buy. I would definately buy one. Congragulations to Karin on winning the kit. I am on my last ornament on row 2. I went and bought my pom-pom fringe today. I will send you a picture when I finish.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Congratulations to Karin on winning your wonderful kit!

I LOVE your ornament, Shell. It's perfectly you!

Have a great week my friend. I have a little bit to finish up my projects, but then I'm looking forward to decorating and playing!

xoxo
Donna

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Shell, I love your new design! I am certain your dear ones will be thrilled to receive their gifts! Now, I am very surprised that the bun bun's did not do the random pick -- I mean, so many hops would be the number to win? LOLL! And do tell what the bunnies are getting for Christmas -- I won't tell!

Anna said...

you lucky girl!
the ornaments are looking great
xxx

Mandy Saile said...

Oh your ornament is so beautiful...gentle and calm, quiet and soft, just as Christmas should be...just lovely...I want one pretty please:D

Mary Patterson said...

How gorgeous they ALL are! Lucky gal that Auggie Karin! Your things are so sweet - love them.
Mary Patterson
Mary's Cottage Treasures

Annette Tait said...

your ornament is just so pretty!! and so stylish!
and the ones you received are so special, what lovely memories to have :)

Carolee Crafts said...

Love the jingle bell bunny ornament, I think it is good to name them.
Your swaps are so pretty.
Have a good week bunny mom x

Sparklyjools said...

Lovley, I wish my Christmas ornaments looked like that!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You are amazin' ! Everything you create is so beautiful and beautifully done. I want in on your next ornament swap LOL.

Wishing you and yours a VERY blessed Christmas.

(())

Charlene said...

Jingle Bell Bunny was for sure my favorite of the ornaments. YOU did an amazing job on it!!!Sooooooooooo CUTE! And the post about your Grammy was sweet. Mine has been gone so very long but, her memory is ALWAYS IN MY HEART!!! Weren't we BLESSED to have had them? I can't imagine what my life would have been without her. HUGS! Charlene

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...