Friday, May 6, 2011

Sir Walter Harrington - A work of Art from Jules

Helloooooooo and Happy Friday everybun! Did you have a good week? I've been sooooooo busy with work that the week just got away from me. I have missed visiting with everyone, so I promise to hop around and catch up with all of you this weekend. :)

Ya'll know I've been talking alot about handmade things, original art and getting things from artists this year. Well, I want to share this incredible gift I received from my dear friend Jules of Adventures in Thread. Jules is not only an incredible doll artist, but she is also a gifted painter! She told me she had an image of Harrington hop in her head when I introduced him to ya'll as "Sir Walter Harrington."

This is the image she painted! Can we say HAPPY BUNNY DANCE!! :) :) :) She even wrote a wonderful little story to go with it! I loooooooooooooooove it!!!! 

"I do look quite handsome don't I mama?"
Indeed you do Harrington!

Thank you sooooooooo very much Jules! I have purchased a beautiful frame for it and it will be displayed proudly in Bunnyville along with the beautiful Rabbit Herder doll she made me. Treasures forever!

Have a wonderful weekend everybun! My quilt is back from the quilter so join us Monday for the debut of my new pattern called, Noelle's Bunnies. Fun! Fun! Fun! And thank all of you so very much for your purchases of my new floss collection and new stitching design! Your business and support are so very much appreciated!
xx,

21 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love the portrait of Sir Walter. Very distinguished :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well Sir Harrington certainly looks quite dapper in his 'Old English' painting. And the doll IS just precious.

Sharon said...

Oh, Shell, I love the painting! Sir Harrington is as dashing as he is in the fur.

Have a great weekend!

XXXX

JudyCinNC said...

What a wonderful friend - the picture depicts Sir Harrington so well. Have a beautiful weekend, Shell. Judy C

Sheila said...

That is just incredible , you are lucky to have such a gifted and generous friend !

The Fab Furs said...

What a lovely keepsake!

Barb said...

Just awesome!!!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh My that is "SO SWEET"!!! and Wow a DOLL to go with your Distinguished Sir Harrington Portrait...That is PRICELESS!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt!!!
Big Bunny Hugs to you,
Donna

Sparky said...

I can you dancing way over here..wonderful this is...Harrington...she did you proud...ahhhh all is well in bunnys world...and yours too it seems. x

Sherri said...

I love that painting of Sir Walter Harrington-just wonderful!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Harrington you look mahvelous dahling! I love the doll is that a tiny bunny in her hands?
Deb

Miss Hillbilly said...

Harrington, you are very handsome indeed. Be good to Mommy this weekend. It's mothers day, you know. No spreading stuff around that you shouldn't!

Jeanette said...

Harrington looks fabulous. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs,

Penny said...

I really have to start calling you SIR Harrington !

Allie said...

Wow is she talented or what! That is an awesome picture. I still love that doll too - so gorgeous!

Quilt Kitty said...

The painting is beautiful Shell. What a lovely gift & friend. Yes, you are very handsome Harrington! Tracee xx

The French Bear said...

What a gorgeous piece of art work, she is so talented.....and Sir Harrinton looks very dashing! Have a wonderful weekend Sweet Pea, kiss that fuzzy little bun for me!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xxxx

KatCollects said...

That was such a beautiful gift. Harrington is so so sweet, give him a hug from me.
Hugs,
Kathy

Crafty Green Poet said...

Sir Harrington is such a fine looking bunny, Harrington himself must be very proud

Jade said...

Sir Harrington looks properly regal in that picture. Just remember, Harrington--real regal bunnies do not party in the poo-poo bucket. ;)

Sparklyjools said...

Thank you for that lovely post, but seeing the photo I still can't do that handsome bunny justice! ( Don't tell him though he'll get big headed!)x

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...