Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Birthday Basket

This past weekend, I celebrated the birthday of my good friend, Marie. Her home was flooded during Hurricane Irene. She, her husband, and their two doggies have been living in a rental home while there house is being repaired. Marie loves to cook and I decided I wanted to put together a gift basket of goodies for her birthday.

First, I got this gorgeous linen tea towel from this really great shop called All-Tea-Towels. There were so many to choose from and the quality is fabulous! Hop over and visit them. I already have my eye on a few more for some friends.
Next I got a basket and lined it with the tea towel. I like to line baskets with things that are not only pretty, but can be used again.
I went to the store and got some yummy bread that she can bake at home and some fancy olive oil for dipping. Nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread to make you feel good.
Next I got her these fun heart shapped pasta cause I heart her. :) The colors were so pretty! I got a fancy sauce to go with the pasta.

Then, a bottle of my new favorite wine that my Marie adores too. Red blends are sooooooooo smooth.

I had some of these flowers laying around so I snipped them and added them to the basket for a little extra color. She can put them on the table while she and her husband enjoy their dinner. They're fake as ya know I can't grow stuff.
And viola'! One birthday basket for a special birthday girl. Happy Birthday Marie!


I got this tea towel too. Isn't it pretty? I'm keep'in this one for me since I have this thing for green right now. Fun!

xx, shell

26 comments:

Allie said...

Gorgeous basket Shell, you sure know how to make things special!! Happy Birthday to Marie!

Fiona said...

That's a wonderful gift ... great tea towels....
Hugz

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful basket from a generous friend. You sure know how to make friends feel special!
(I ADORE your new header!)
xoxo
Donna and Tag

Sharon said...

Beautiful basket, Shell! You are such a sweetheart!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A very pretty gift basket with much thought to the recipient.

Christine M said...

What a lovely gift Shell. I'm sure Marie will love it!

Jade said...

oooh, a very lovely basket! Lucky Marie. I hope that she is back in her home before the holidays--that would make it a special holiday season indeed.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

Happy birthday for your friend Marie and I know how thrilled she must have been with the lovely gift. You are such a kind and thoughtful Lady.

Hope your week is going well

Hugs
Carolyn

Heather said...

The basket turned out beautifully! What a great gift! :) I'm going to have to check out that website. Thanks!

The Farmer's Attic said...

Hi Shell,

Two posts - one comment!

I absolutely love, love, love your wallhanging!!! Do you have a teaching schedule for your technique?

What a beautiful birthday basket! You are a good friend to make something so pretty and practical during time of stress and strain.

Lucy

JudyCinNC said...

A wonderful and well thought out gift, Shell. She is very lucky to have you for a friend. Bet her birthday was wonderful. Hummmmm, Wonder where you are going with the green! Judy C

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a wonderful gift basket!

sunny said...

What a lovely basket! You'll have a very appreciative friend.

Sherri said...

Shell, I love Marie's Birthday Basket and I love the green towel you bought for you!! You are a really great friend to have been so considerate!

Kris said...

What a fun, fun gift, Shell!! And the teas towels are gorgeous!! Gosh, no wonder I love you so much, you like green!! :-))) Kris

Barb said...

She will just love all of the goodies you bring her...surely will lift anyone spirits (get the pun)....

ScribeGirl said...

Love this! Glad I checked in. Hope you're well.
Jeanne

Unknown said...

What a sweet idea! I love the basket! :)

Hugs,

N. Maria said...

I, too, love reusable things.....
You put together a very thought out Birthday Basket for Marie. I may be crafty but I've never had the touch of the perfect gift for friends or family. You have been definitely touched by the 'put together basket' fairy! Hugs, Maria

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Beautiful basket Shell! I am so into greens right now also....and yellows for some reason. I love those tea towels and am looking for one exactly like the red except in yellow. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Sorry for being such a bad blogger lately. Shows and 5th grade homework are to blame!

Warm hugs ~ Jenn :)

p.s. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new banner ~ creation. Just gorgeous!!!!

Sparklyjools said...

What a lovely treat for Marie! You are a great friend. I'm loving the new header, it's a gorgeous piece! x

Mosaic Magpie said...

Who wouldn't love this great gift!
I am about to go back into your archives and look for that block!
Deb

RG said...

Love those pumkin eaters!!!!

Lisa said...

You are such a great friend :)

DebbieM said...

Really pretty basket, Shell. I had to go back to read your blogs, haven't been on here in a while and I didn't want to miss reading one.

Mandy Saile said...

Now that's a gift basket, holy smokes:D

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...