Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Adventures of Harrington and Hannah September Block

Woo hoo! Here we are at our most favorite time of year! There's just something about September through December that is so fun and magical for us! We love it!

How are you coming along with your blocks? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Are you behind? Are you all caught up? Are you just collecting them for a rainy day six years from now? hee,hee,hee.


Well, this month Harrington and Hannah have are having a nice little chat with William, the bookworm, about teachers. You see, they think teachers are awesome! They think teachers have a most difficult job in these times! They think teachers should be paid lots and lots of money for all that they must go through! Without teachers, where would we be? So thank you dear teachers for all that you do to inspire, guide and help us to learn. We are ever so grateful to you!


Here's how they all look together.


Hop over to our Shop and get your Free pattern. We still have kits available if you would like to join us. Note, once the fabric kits are gone, we won't be getting any more.


Don't forget to add your photos to the Flickr group! Lots of creative friends over there!

Have fun and happy stitching!
xx,
Michelle, Harrington and Hannah

19 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell, Harrington and Hannah,

The quilt is looking so beautiful and just love everything about it. How cute William the bookworm is!
You are so talented.

Have a happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Fiona said...

Thanks for another lovely block... I was caught up ... until today of course... only just so I will post up photos soon...
Hugz

RG said...

Hi guys ... that is a great September block! (I suppose anything with bunnys on it is great!)

Teachers - don't go be getting me started - ... in our state the average Public School teacher salary is around $50,000 - $55,000 per year. I like to think of school teacher as a classic, archtypical middle-class job. Obama and Romney both say you are in the middle class until you make more than $250,000 per year. I wonder where their cutoff for the lower class is? Something is screwy ....

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
Your quilt is so perfectly YOU! I love the fabrics and colors you chose. It looks just beautiful.
xoxo
Deece

Little Miss Titch said...

thats looking great shell,when its finished it going to be fab!

Jeanette said...

Love the block Shell. I have it all cut out ready to stitch. Yay i'm finally caught up. :) Stitching the embroidery pumpkins at the moment. Hugs,

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeheeeee....look at that worm...will the bunnies eat it?????? SWEET AS CAN BE MY DEAR! Anita

Lyn said...

I love the new block! I am a bit behind! I have all blocks cut out and ironed on the background. Only 2 done. I have the others started embroidery. I have the pumpkins ironed down too. Now to finish a few more. Thanks so much!

Sherry said...

I am a little behind on my blocks and I do hope to catch up soon. I have a block in my sewing bag all ready for the stitching. Thanks for all of your hard work. September's block is great!

Loris said...

Sweet block for back to school. Thank you! I'm one of those saving these for a rainy day :-)

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Love September's block and since I am a school secretary it is especially special! LOL
I may have to do this one twice and display it on my desk!
I'm almost caught up...on July's block. School is interupting my stitching time! LOL
Thank you for sharing your talents.

Allie said...

LOVE it, Shell!!! Being a former homeschool teacher, especially. *G* I'm saving them for a SNOWY day this winter...I seem to have so much more time to stitch in winter. Stitching gorgeous creations like this is what gets me through!

Sparky said...

Oh shellllllll the blocks are gorgeous...my kind of colors...your work is appetizing to the eyes....and I see your bunny seem very happy ..

Carrie P. said...

Oh, phooey! now I am three behind. Cute new one.

Jocelyn said...

Very cute block.

kc said...

Love thpse buns!! have to admit (a bit sheepishly), I'm one of the ones saving all the blocks for that rainy day! I can't wait to start/finish 'em tho!

Mhairi said...

I love this block. This is my favourite block so far. Thank you for appreciating teachers. I thought I would share this poem - I am sure the bunnies will appreciate it.
http://taylormali.com/poems-online/what-teachers-make/

Elly D said...

Thank you so much for another wonderful block pattern! That little worm is so much cuter than the one I once found in a nectarine I was eating!! LOL... Thankfully, it was still whole... and wriggling away. heee heee... hugs Elly

Thearica said...

Just ordered!! :)

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...