Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bugs and a Bunny

Did the title of this post get you? "What's up doc?" hee,hee,hee. Funny how things will fit together sometimes. 



For instance, here is a sneaky peeky of my "Lord and Lady Bugs" Folk Art Fusion (TM) piece. David and I do looooooove watching Downton Abbey. Do you? After listening to them say "my lord and my lady" half a dozen times, the idea for this piece hopped into my head. I doodled my idea on a piece of paper. I can't wait to show you the finished piece. Yep, it will be in my book. I'll also be teaching that flower in Chicago! More on that Monday.


So now, let's talk about the bunny. Remember my limited litter a few months ago? My super talented friend Donna, of Brynwood Needleworks, made the most adorable wool, bunny, pincushions. They sold out lickety  split. I've had many people ask me if there was a pattern so I told Donna she should make it into a pattern. Guess what? She did!

She is selling the PDF (instant download, no shipping, get it now, make it now) pattern on Craftsy! Woo hoo! So hop over HERE and check it out. Of course I love it. It's a Bunny! His name is Harris. He's a relative of Harrington's. ;)

Alrighty then. Now you know why the title to this post is is Bugs and a Bunny. Like Bugs Bunny. Get it? It's ok if you don't get it. It just means you aren't as dorky as I am. If you do get it, you're in my club. Haaaaaaaaaa!

No post this Friday. Instead it will be on Saturday for Mid Month Madness! I've got something fun to share with you and of course there will be a giveaway. Prizes are fun!

Hugs!
Michelle and the Bunnies

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your day Shell.xx

Jeanette said...

Cute ladybug Shell. Hugs,xx

Donna Nowicki French said...

I'm as dorky as you are and proud of it!

Kaisievic said...

Very cute!

Sparklyjools said...

My dear! Of course, here in the United Kingdom one lives in a situation not dissimilar to Downton Abbey - oh, do excuse me, I must alert the butler that we require more kedgeree, (one simply can't get the staff these days you know,...)

Loving the post title! xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MICHELLE! teehehehe....I'm in the club because "I got it" when I opened your page! AND I LOVE Harrington's third cousin, twice removed with the same bent ear! teehehehehehee

LOVE YOUR WORLD, and the lady bug (love watching Downton Abby too!) with the flower is just gorgeous. I will be back for your next post! Hugs to all, Anita

Lesley said...

I don't normally like bugs...but yours is adorable!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thanks, Shelby! Harris can't wait to visit all your friends.

So happy to see another product of your fertile imagination. I can't wait to see the finished "Lord and Lady" design.

Have a wonderful day, my friend.
xo
Donna

Loris said...

The title is a hoot :-) You crack me up...which must mean I'm dorky too. Wear that with pride!
We loved watching DA and can't wait for another season.
Can't wait to see your book either :-)

Little Miss Titch said...

Well you have just made my day Shell Thank you for the giggles!xx Rachel

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

My goodness--you are on a great creative roll this year--so maybe that is where my 'mojo'fairy has run off too??????
love, di and miss gracie

Createology said...

Bugs Bunny...What's Up Doc? I see you have been creatively busy. Not only did I buy one of the litter I also bought Donna's wonderful pattern. I can't wait to make one for a friend who collects bunnies and sews. Creative Bliss Dear...

Deb R said...

Gorgeous bug n flowers!

Jan Baker said...

Those pincushions are adorable. How many do you have in your house, probably every color in the rainbow.

RG said...

Looks like bowling for bunnies!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely bunnies!

Wendy said...

how adorable, though there's no way I could stick a pin in a bunny!

Barb said...

I watch so many BBC series that my husband swears one day he is going to wake up and I will have an accent!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...