Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Jean labels, a Bunny and the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival

Hi ya! Just a quick hop in today. Did you have a good weekend? Sunday was gorgeous! I went for two walks. One in the morning by myself and then one in the afternoon with Captain. It's now freezing and raining again. Ick...


I just had to share this art quilt with you. It is made by textile artist, Joy Pitts of Nottingham UK. You know why I was drawn to it when Pat Sloan talked about it on Facebook. Hee,hee,hee. Joy was commissioned by designer Paul Smith to use labels from his jeans to create a piece. There are over 2000 labels in this! I loved this article and I think you will too. Hop over HERE to read more.

Well, keep your bunny ears crossed that we don't get snow and ice later this week. I am suppose to be leaving on Thursday morning for the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA. This is the festival I go to every year.


I will be meeting up with my dear friend, Shannon Shirley of Once in a Rabbit Moon. She and her Mom attend the show every year too. Shannon also has a display at the show! I will be sure and take lots of photos to share with you.

In addition to drooling over all the wonderful quilts on display, I will also be taking a class from Debra Konchinsky! I'm so excited! I have loved her pieces every year at the show. The class I'm taking is called "Felted Applique Alphabet in Wool." It involves needle felting wool roving. This is something I have seen in videos, but I find it a lot more fun to take a class with creative friends. I love learning and I think taking classes from others makes me a better instructor. It's going to be a great time and I will be sure and show you what I make.

Well stay warm and do something creative. See ya back here on Thursday.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle, the Bunnies and Sabrina kitty too!

12 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a creative piece in deed! Hope the weather improves and holds so you have a safe trip.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

That rabbit and the labels...what a fine piece of work! Oh how our darling little fuzzy ones inspire such great art. My friend, I truly hope your travel is easy and fun, no weather delays, and that you enjoy the class to the fullest! ENJOY!!!! Anita

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely piece! Hope the festival goes well!

jerilanders said...

Shell, that is one GREAT leaping bun! She made a wonderful job of it.
Our weather stinks right now, hope yours is better.YOU have a safe trip, and learn a lot of new stuff, and have fun... I know you will.

Little Miss Titch said...

oh I love that rabbit,Have lots of fun,xx Rachel

Allie said...

Have a safe trip hon, sounds like you're going to have lots of fun!

tink's mom said...

Shell we will cross fingers, toes and paws at this end that the weather holds for your fun trip. Sounds great. Looking forward to the photos.

Createology said...

May you have safe travels, warm weather and a fabulous time at the show and in class. Creative Bliss...

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell!
Praying for nice travel weather for you, my dear. What a wonderful class you've chosen. I bet you'll have a blast!

Thanks for sharing Joy's work, too. I hadn't seen her work before and am intrigued.

Stay safe and warm.
xo
Deece

RG said...

Good weather is needed! Hoping for the best!

Tina said...

Gorgeous rabbit! Have a wonderful time - lucky girl!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

That label quilt is brilliant! Have fun when you're away, hon. x

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...