Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas in the Shed

Hi ya! Did you have a good Thanksgiving? We sure did. We even went for a walk on the beach after we had dinner!



Yay! Have I mentioned how much I love living in Wilmington, NC? :) :) :)


Our little house is coming along, but it is still going very slow. Here's what it looks like as of today.


Needless to say, we will still be living in this apartment shed during Christmas. We can't get to our Christmas tree and since we don't have room for it anyway, I went to the store and purchased this adorable real tree. She told me her name is Gladys of Good Tidings. hee,hee,hee. Gladys is a Norfolk Pine. I have always wanted one of these trees. I think the branches are so beautiful. Gladys will go with us to the new house and live in our bedroom as we have lots and lots of natural light coming in the windows. 

I also decided to buy Gladys a little pixie to live in her branches. This is Feli. She reminds me of Pippi Longstocking. Isn't she sweet? When I was in 6th grade, I was a munchkin in our school play, The Wizard of Oz. My mom put wires in my hair and braided it just like this. I loved it! Seeing Feli brought back that happy memory and made me smile. I knew she would be the perfect pixie to live in Gladys' branches.


Feli was handmade by the incredible artist, Tatjana Raum of Rosenheim Germany. I have admired Tatjana's work for some time and I must say I am very excited to be getting this wee little piece. Feli is crossing the ocean now and should be to me in a few weeks.


Tatjana's work is magical and whimsical. She creates all kinds of woodland characters and creatures. Hop over HERE to her shop to see more.

Well, have a wonderful rest of your week and I'll see you back here next Wednesday.

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

12 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Your new home looks wonderful Michelle and when finished will be even better. Love the little tree and pixie.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

SHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that your dream is almost accomplished! The cottage is darling, just darling! Now, will you keep it this lovely color or will it be painted? Will you have a picket fence? IT'S SUPER! And you were near the beach! FANTASTIC! You and the Mr. look fabulous and keep forging ahead....you will be in that house for sure by January, right? SHARE when you are in! HUGS TO YOU!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I can see lots of changes in the new home from the last post--so to me it looks like it is coming along nicely!!! and I love your little tree--I have wanted one too--maybe one of these days--I did finally get a Christmas cactus soooo!!!
Glad you are happy in your new area--
give Sabrina and Hannah a hug for me--
smiles, di
Ps did you get my email about my new email address???

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Michelle,

Loved seeing the photos of you on the beach dear friend - you look so sweet. Your new cottage is gorgeous and how exciting for you both and the bunnies. Love the little tree and pixie. Sorry I have not been blogging much, but always lovely catching up with you. Good luck with the new home.
hugs
Carolyn

tink's mom said...

More sweet additions to your new home. Does David feel outnumbered with all of the females in his life. Feli is adorable, and will be so happy living with all of you in Gladys welcoming branches.

Jocelyn said...

Love your new house! And you and your hubby remind me of me and mine. My DH is 6'3, and I'm 5'2 :-) The pictures on the beach are lovely.

kc said...

Your new home is coming along nicely, and you look SOOOOO happy!! It's good to see such a smile! No need to fret over spending Christmas in a shed - I know you're grateful to have a roof over your head and love in your heart! We gave a little, pre-decorated NIP to some friends of ours, a loooong time ago, and bless its little heart, it's no longer little, and it's got lots more branches now, only they never added any more little ornaments to it! I think it's about 20 years old by now, and that little guy is still plugging along...and has moved into their new home as well. We got to see it when we went on our whirlwind tour of NC, SC, & VA a few weeks ago. Oh, yes, we got to see our friends too.. :) Not sure which was more fun, seeing the growth of the tree or the growth of the friendship!

We went to the beach down here yesterday, too; it was a new beach for us & very sweet. Clean, sugar white sand, calm, clear water. Warm breezes & swaying palms...couldn't ask for better. Maybe one day you'll come & visit, just to compare beaches! The door is always open!

JudyCinNC said...

Creative people just have a way of figuring it out, don't they? Glad you got your little pixie, she just makes everything happy... and your little tree. One thing I know because of trial and error, when you move and take your tree, make sure it stays in the same location always or else it will drop it's branches. We will be at home this Christmas as all our children have families so they need to be with them. We can't go to Colorado anymore because of me, but we do get to talk with them on Christmas Day. Four in Colorado, one in California and the daughter in Jacksonville, who will come here for the New Years. Stay happy and bright, you lift up our spirits. Have a wonderful Christmas Judy C sends hugs and love

RG said...

We had a little Norfolk one time and one time we were in Hawaii for vacation and used the top of a pineapple! Pretty festive!

That pixie looks like something from a horror film. You be careful there. Don't be scaring Santy a way.

Tina said...

I love the picture of you and your hubby and especially the one of you on the beach! Your house is really looking great and it's certainly going to be a charmer! Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!!!

PS - Love your haircut!

Createology said...

Happiness looks so good on you and David. Your home is coming along beautifully and the setting couldn't be any nicer. Home Sweet Home...

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I love sweet, little Feli, and I just know she's going to love living at Bunnyville with you!

Building projects always seem to take forever. I can't wait to see what it's like all finished and how you make it yours. So happy you and David are loving your new town.

Merry Christmas Greetings, my dear.
xo
Donna

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...